Thursday 12 June 2014

Ice Cream in the Raw

The Sun is shining, the weather is sweet yeh....
Loving the sunshine at the moment, although it makes it hard to get anything done as I cannot bear to be inside. Part of me desperately holding on to the heat and healing powers of the Sun, but really we only need about thirty minutes a day to get our Vit D. I end up getting sun stoned if I am out in it for too long as well. 
I have found, in my years of research, that ice cream accompanies a hot day quite nicely. In my opinion, this ice cream is tastier, creamier and more refreshing than conventional ice cream without any sugar crashes after. Try it, I think you will quite surprised.

Banana, Strawberry and Almond Ice Cream

Serves 2-3
  • 3 frozen bananas chopped up
  • 6 frozen strawberries
  • 1 tbs soaked almonds
  • 1 small avacado
  • 2 tbs spring/filtered water
Blend in powerful blender (I use a Kitchen Aid and it has been fabulous..no need for a Vitamixer...I personally think it's better than Vitamixer).
Sprinkle with cacao nibs or elderflowers. In-Joy

Would also like to share with you that I went to a Kundalini Class yesterday and it was so lovely to get back into the Kundalini community. I didn't do a practice this morning as I usually would and I felt a bit flat. Ice cream definitely helped (!) but it was a great reminder of how potent a daily sadhana is, but when it isn't done for whatever reason rest in acceptance rather than getting caught up with that guilt pattern. For a long time, I carried a sensation of stuckness, or lack of clarity. I thought that feeling was just the norm, but then started experiencing other states of being and I now know to never settle for that stuckness. Listening to it and allowing whatever release to happen is vital. This is not your higher self, but it is absolutely fine to have these feelings. You are beautiful and divine throughout, sometimes we just forget. 

Sat Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment